Punk and Me – Howy Jacobs, a British molecular biologist based in Tampere on 17th of February 2021
Pori Art Museum, Pori
- 17.2.2021 (18.30)
"But for those of us who were part of the punk movement, we didn't think that intensively about its social or cultural meaning. We were just having fun, and saw in it some kind of personal release." Howy Jacobs. Free entry to "Art and punk" talk series.
"The punk 'movement' arose in 1970s Britain as a backlash against cultural pretensiousness, that had even invaded the rock and pop music scene. Although it was never overtly political, punk was also the latest in a long line of rebellious youth phenomena, which implicitly challenged the political establishment of the day, that had mismanaged public affairs for decades. But for those of us who were part of the punk movement, we didn't think that intensively about its social or cultural meaning. We were just having fun, and saw in it some kind of personal release. In this talk I will dwell mainly on those personal aspects that drew me into punk, and led me to make it an indivisible part of my public persona as a scientist."
Talk in English.
Kuva: Howy Jacobs
Share this with your friends!
- Kuvataiteilijan puheenvuoro verkossa – Viljami Heinonen
- Kuvataiteilijan puheenvuoro – Eeva Peura: Näkyvä maailma ja fantasia keskiviikkona 2.12.
- TAIDEkierros torstaina 3.12.
- TAIDEkierros lauantaina 5.12.
- Muusikon puheenvuoro - Iida-Milla Saarinen keskiviikkona 20.1.2021
- Punk and Me – Howy Jacobs, a British molecular biologist based in Tampere on 17th of February 2021
Museum contact details
Pori Art Museum
Eteläranta, 28100 Pori
(044) 701 1080
8/4/3 €. Perhelippu 16 €. Alle 18 v. vapaa pääsy viikonloppuina ja pyhinä.
Käteinen, pankki- ja luottokortti, Edenred-virikeseteli, Edenred-kortit, MyEdenred-sovellus, Smartum liikunta- ja kulttuuriseteli, Smartum Pay