The astronomy visitor centre of the Helsinki University Museum. Welcome to the journey through light years!
NB! Because of the corona virus situation the exhibitions of the Observatory are closed for the present. All guided tours for this spring have been cancelled and at present we do not take reservations for tours. We apologize the situation!
Designed by architect C. L. Engel in collaboration with Professor F. W. A. Argelander, the Helsinki Observatory was completed on Tähtitorninmäki Hill in 1834. The Observatory now functions as the astronomy visitor centre of the Helsinki University Museum. The Observatory’s exhibition gives people of all ages an opportunity to learn more about the history of the building and the wonders of space.
Available to rent for meetings and celebrations, the Argelander Hall and East Rotunda in the Observatory’s east wing are idyllic venues for a variety of functions.
The Observatory building also accommodates the facilities of the Ursa Astronomical Association, the University’s Almanac Office and a cafe.
Share this with your friends!Print version
Voit ostaa Museokortin tästä museokohteesta tai verkosta
Irregular opening hours on our home page.
Poikkeusolosuhteiden vuoksi suosittelemme varmistamaan museon avautumispäivämäärän ja aukioloajat museon omilta kotisivuilta ennen museovierailua.