Milavida presents the glamorous and international lifestyle of the Nottbeck family, the owners of the famous Finlayson cotton mill. Museum at the beautiful Näsilinna manor house exhibits often also fashion and design in the theme of the factory.
The Nottbecks lived in Tampere from the 1830s until the early 20th century when the last members of the family leave the city after years filled with both success and sad losses. The enthralling exhibition combines impressive authentic objects and modern audiovisual technology.
Peter von Nottbeck, one of the owners of the Finlayson cotton mill, bought a plot of land from the City of Tampere in 1893. The plan for this piece of land, situated at the top of a tall cliff, was to be where he would build his home. The drawings for the building were prepared by Karl August Wrede, a famous architect, and the architectural plans for this stately home, named Milavida, were completed in 1897. The latter part of the 19th century was a time when previous architectural styles were frequently revisited, and indeed Milavida was influenced by many, quite different trends.
Share this with your friends!Print version
Voit ostaa Museokortin tästä museokohteesta tai verkosta
2.6.–27.9. tu- su 11–18, 23.10–31.12. fri- su 11–18
Poikkeusolosuhteiden vuoksi suosittelemme varmistamaan museon avautumispäivämäärän ja aukioloajat museon omilta kotisivuilta ennen museovierailua.